snowflake 240z

How bad is the rust? Since the headgasket repair have you driven it much? You said in an earlier post that it runs like a dream now that it's tuned? Has it stopped running well, or have you noticed the rust but it still runs good? Reason I ask is that if it's running well I would leave it alone....if it makes you feel better coat those lobes with some break in lube and run it.

If it's not running well than you have bigger issues. You would want to be careful on a cam lobe not to go through the hardened layer on the outside of the lobe....once a cam gets through that it goes round quick.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad is the rust? Since the headgasket repair have you driven it much? You said in an earlier post that it runs like a dream now that it's tuned? Has it stopped running well, or have you noticed the rust but it still runs good? Reason I ask is that if it's running well I would leave it alone....if it makes you feel better coat those lobes with some break in lube and run it.

If it's not running well than you have bigger issues. You would want to be careful on a cam lobe not to go through the hardened layer on the outside of the lobe....once a cam gets through that it goes round quick.

so it started to run great then i had an issue with fuel tank having half a inch of crap in it. i had a filter on it thank god but the car kept starving from gas since it was clogged in the hard line. cleaned everything was running good until i went to go drive it. it would stall out 1/2 down the road. come to find out that my carbs are not getting gas. after i had the fuel tank issue i decided to run a metal filter in the back of the car before the hard line so i don't run into the same problem. i opened up the line right before the hard to see if maybe the filter is clogged, gas comes poring out. so then i check up at the pump... gas come out before the pump but not after... so i know its the pump now so now i have a new one on order in the mail just waiting. so while i'm waiting i decided to check the valve clearances since the car has sat for 17 years. they were all way off so i fixed them but noticed the rust. hence while i brought this question up to see if there is a way to clean them.. i guess i better not touch them if there not a running issue with them??

hey guys i'm looking to do a 710 transmission swap and for this 5 speed transmission. and wanted to know if anyone could tell me if it will fit right in? without making brackets? thanks for your time. i know King Rat explain it to me before but cant find the post now that i want to do it? thanks 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pts/5786903305.html

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so i got some new tail lights thought i would add a picture!! still having problems with the carbs getting gas found out my problem is in the gas tank should be fun to drop the gas tank again. 

IMG_3284_zps14v4sp3z.jpg

also picked up this little truck most likely going to sell it soon if anyone is interested high miles runs good one owner clean body 

IMG_3303_zps3ehgej9v.jpg