720 4x4 V 2x4 rear suspention springs

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maxresdefault.jpg

There there, you just need some comfort and reassurance.  :lol:  It'll be fine. I'm assuming the GVW for the Australian 720 is the same as N Am?

All 520/521/620/720 leaf springs are 1,200 mm long and 60mm wide and will interchange. If you draw a string between the front and back mounting eyelets and measure down to the top leaf...

The unloaded 720 2X4s are 6.34".... with a spring constant of 310 lbs/in... with 7mm X 2 and 13mm X 1 thick leaves

The unloaded 720 4X4s are 3.68".... with a spring constant of 442 lbs/in... with 7mm X 1, 8mm X2, 12mm X 1 thick leaves

There are stiffer optional 2wd springs. Canadian trucks use the US optional spring. Heavy Duty models (Cab/Chassis?) are over the top stiff at 649 lbs/in spring rate.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I see what you mean now about the rear springs after buying this Queenland Rainforest modified 4x4 dato,,,

Its quite bizzar that i have beeen looking high and low for a drivers side window glass and 4x4 springs for ages and found this thing 3 klm from home.

We tried to buy just the parts but they made us take the whole car whats left of it,, 

WP_20160429_004_zpsfvz4vv7o.jpg
WP_20160429_005_zpsyiqqbhur.jpg
WP_20160429_002_zpssxwunjnv.jpg
  • Like 1

And yet that front bumper is somehow straighter than any front bumper on any of the 6 720s I have owned....

It is really random this rust stuff,,, The bumper is very straight but it is a different bumper from my young fellas 2x4 720 of the same year,

I dont know what its like in the USA but bits for these things are getting hard to find

• Like 1