• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go on, make my day.:D

but serously, the SU's would be nice to put on my 1200

i would be picky about price, but these are rare so that is impossible

What is so sick about the SUs for a 1200 is the fact that you really need the manifold for the A series motor. The SUs are the same 38mm, like those from a 180B, 160J, etc., etc., so you can look for a set of SUs on ebay for a 510 and get the manifold and bolt them up. The nozzles and needles are set "leaner" for the smaller motor. My buddy has a set on his 1200. He got the manifold and the GX oval port head from Australia (not cheap!)

Mo, you're getting all nostalgic after seeing Burabuda's car, aren't you?!

I have bowls from roadster SU's and a set of Z round top SU's but thats about it.

I have a set of SU roundtops from a z Im selling as well.

4 bolt.

Need to be rebuilt.

$75 with Intake+ shipping or you pick up.

Hayward, Ca 94544

That is waaaay too much carb for an A15. Roadster carbs on an A series manifold will be perfect. There just aren't needles and nozzles that would lean it out enough.

seriously, if it powered a 6 cyl, imagine what would happen to the poor A15:eek:

Can you say wet spark plugs? Man, I can smell the richness now...:eek:

to give you an idea, i sold a very clean, unmolested set of early roundtops with all the trimmings for $500

"it takes a special kind of love" to pay that kinda money when most guys dream of webers or even an engine swap

before that, i found a decent loose pair of carbs for $250 for a buddy of mine, but no other parts were included

I bought my SUs after high school (too many years...) with manifold for $100 cash. Couldn't even use them, they needed rebuilt pretty bad. Flash forward to more recent times. Now the SUs are going on a car that is smog exempt and I have them refreshed with new parts.

Its all about the deals you find, and NOT pass up...:rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.