Adapter for Motorcraft/Holley 2 barrel carb to L16 intake?

smokehouse_83

Newb here trying to find answers to a question.  I am trying to adapt a Motorcraft 2100/holley 2300 2 barrel carb to a L16 from a truck that I am putting in a 1964 vw Baja Bug.  Does anybody know what adapter plate I need to do this?  My 620 is getting a vh45det in place of the L16 and I figured it would be a great engine for my Baja Bug.  Engine is already bolted up via a Kennedy adapter plate.  

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Motorcraft 2100/Holley 2300 is pretty much a Holley 4 barrel cut in half.  They work great off road (baja bug) and are the easiest carb on the planet to work with.  What cabs bolt onto the stock L series manifold?

Don't really have much on the 620/vh45det except the motor and the truck sitting here waiting on the baja bug project to finish so I can start on it.  Its gonna be a drag truck built to run in the 8.5/235 tire classes.  Don't wanna do the typical Mustang with a domestic powerplant.  Gonna see what the vh45 is made of.  Block and crank look ready to handle 1k plus horsepower, gonna throw H beams and good pistons in it with either twins or a big single turbo.  Also gonna use a Porsche intake and probably MS 3 to control it.  Need 1100 plus horsepower to be competitive.

I was actually thinking about buying the Rochester/small carb to Holley/big carb adapter and haveing it welded on.  In my research I read that the pattern between the Rochester and the Hitachi are similar.  I wish it had the same flange as the Aisin cause they make an adapter for the holley carb on the 22r.  I guess there are also aftermarket intakes out there that bolt up 2 & 4 barrel holley's to L motors but they are expensive.  I spent a few hours looking and I am pretty sure no one is currently making an adapter, I guess the Webber's work fine.  I might even go that route even though we have a customer with a Webber on a 620 that is constantly needing adjustments and the dam thing is slow as shit.

Its going on a L16 with a ported L20 head, hipo cam and a header that is going into a 65 VW.  I'm hoping for twice the power as a dual port 1600(120hp) and way better reliability.  My boss built the engine years ago and it sat in the truck untouched for more years till I tore it out for this project.  He said the 78KC 620 it was in was fast, but he doesn't remember what all he did to the motor.  I am guessing it has some different/flat top pistons or a cut head cause I know the compression would be low with the L16/L20 combo.