White wall shaving question

SickDrift

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why it wouldn't work, but haven't specifically seen it done. When I did mine I went to the junkyard and scored 4 practically new (still had nubs) tires for $50. Some generic pep boys brand. For that kind of scratch, you cant go wrong.

I hear it can be done on raised white letter tires too.

Don't know why it wouldn't work, but haven't specifically seen it done. When I did mine I went to the junkyard and scored 4 practically new (still had nubs) tires for $50. Some generic pep boys brand. For that kind of scratch, you cant go wrong.

I hear it can be done on raised white letter tires too.

That was sorta my idea and I tried searching The 'Net for pics but could only find this:

AUT17053.jpg

Didnt look too promising, but then I only wanted a 1.5" while wall, so maybe I'd have better luck?

That was sorta my idea and I tried searching The 'Net for pics but could only find this:

AUT17053.jpg

Didnt look too promising, but then I only wanted a 1.5" while wall, so maybe I'd have better luck?

Yup that is pretty rough! I would think a big brand like BF would have a pretty descent strip under there if my cheap ass ones did. Have you seen my thread on shaving them?

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4249

So what you are showing there is a raised white letter shaved tire? If so, perhaps the raised letter tires aren't as nice under the rubber after all.

Well worst case, if you f' them up you can always reverse them and go blackwall! Or get that quality white wall paint from iceland or wherever! I've read good things about it.

Yup that is pretty rough! I would think a big brand like BF would have a pretty descent strip under there if my cheap ass ones did. Have you seen my thread on shaving them? http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4249

Havent seen that thread before, good post.

So what you are showing there is a raised white letter shaved tire? If so, perhaps the raised letter tires aren't as nice under the rubber after all.

Well worst case, if you f' them up you can always reverse them and go blackwall! Or get that quality white wall paint from iceland or wherever! I've read good things about it.

Yeah, it was a General XP2000. I think I'll try to locate a used Radial T/A to test out. Hopefully it works, but we'll see:unsure:

double j tires on mlk in portland used to cut white walls back in the day

Theres a place here in Bakersfield that did some for me about 10 yrs ago on my old dodge business coupe, I'm hoping they still have the same machine