Datsun Motorhome?!?! THEY DO EXIST!!!!! (1984 720 mini truck camper / 85 Nissan Lakeview)

I found her locally on Facebook marketplace. I was going to look at another one an hour and a half away and checked before I went and she popped up less than a half hour away and was just what I was looking for! 
The manual transmission caught my eye because well you can’t beat that 😂

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/20/2024 at 4:42 PM, yenpit said:

Great find on your motorhome!  Keep watching eBay, looking for service or shop manual 1984 Nissan 720.  Take Mike's advice & search out a FACTORY manual (FSM), but grab up whatever else shows up ie Haynes, Clyner etc.  I sold a rough condition FSM last year, came in a load of Datsun books that I acquired!

After much research I have come to the conclusion that I have the 500 floor plan!

its a start 🤗😂

On 8/18/2024 at 8:41 AM, datzenmike said:

The only manual worth anything is an original Nissan FSM (factory service manual) All others just copy this information. I have an '84 FSM and it's almost an inch and a half thick and all of it is only for the '84 truck. Other 'manuals cover all six years of production and are 1/2 inch thick.

image.thumb.jpeg.5bfe4e0a6b09b8e58bb607335ed264bc.jpeg

I’ve got the manual for the rig now searching for info on the camper part. I’ve found that it’s the “500” floor plan but haven’t been able to find anything much else available about it. Haven’t seen any pictures of that specific floor plan 😢

On 8/24/2024 at 1:52 PM, Rocandy said:

I’ve got the manual for the rig now searching for info on the camper part. I’ve found that it’s the “500” floor plan but haven’t been able to find anything much else available about it. Haven’t seen any pictures of that specific floor plan 😢

Yeah, finding any service manual for a particular camper, might prove difficult!  Have you found any others, ie the 80's Toyota's etc...............I think they were more popular, so if you aren't seeing those, the Datsun camper manuals might be like hens teeth!!  A buddy just bought a Toyota camper, I'll ask him!