620 Hood Latch Cable Clamp: Description and Location

Cardinal Grammeter

Installing the hood latch (previous owner(s) had installed hood pins) and while I have the latches and cable, I don't have the clamp to secure the free end at the latch.

The parts manual shows a Clamp and a Screw.  I found another model that had the same arrangement but the exploded view did not show where the screw/clamp was located - it only showed the screw going into the clamp hole.

I would have expected the latch itself to have the cable clamp, but I just don't see it.  I don't see anywhere on the core support for this clamp screw

As far as the cable routing, I have it going under the horn bracket, under the side light wires, and into the first big hole on the core support.

EDIT:

I figured it out.  There are 2 small holes on each side of the latch in the core support.  They are on each side to accommodate what side the drivers is on.  The clamp has a little tab that goes in one hole from the bottom, then the screw comes in from the top of the core support into the clamp.

When they stripped the latch out, they removed the clamp.  When I get the latch parts, I didn't get the clamp (however, I may have - there was something taped to one end of the clamp with nothing in it - the 2 screws were taped to the other end.  Nothing like a big search for more parts I have scattered around - and small ones too!)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic