90' hardbody question

Skib

Hey guys, my brothers picking up a 1990 harbody truck with a Z24 (I think?, Ill find out for sure when we get it) it needs an intake mani for a side draft carb set up. I dont know anything about these, what kinda of manifold and carbs would it use?

[edit] heres a few pics:

1003081820.jpg

1003081822.jpg

Edited by Skib
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '90 D-21 would have had a Z24i throttle body motor which uses a crank angle sensor distributor. Now if that really is a Z24 in it then that distributor will work with a carb set up, the Z24i won't.

I guess the quickest way to tell is to look at the distributor. The Z24 will have a vacuum advance on the side the Z24i won't.

Edited by datzenmike
Wow that could take months to find. Go to a local yard and get a stock intake/carb from any '83.5 to 86.5 720 just to get it running. Make sure you don't get an electro carb with the 6 wire connector on it.

If your talking about the mikunis, I wouldnt be tracking down a nice set of thos for him hahaha Id grab a tripple set for my Z first :fu:

thanks for the info. thats exactly what hes looking for, just the stocker to get it running.