2 projects one daily 1971 datsun 521

Hello fellow ratsuners, my name is Tony (23) I have acquired 2 1971 521 datsun pick ups. 1 is mainly complete the other has some front end damage with some dings and dents all around. I want to get one running but need help sourcing engine parts and some do's and don't's. My goals are to daily one for the meantime. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and want to keep these beauts OG any help is appreciated and if your a OC SoCal member we should hang out thanks for reading pics up soon.

D7B413DF-2DC9-4DCD-8FF4-3848AC00C390.jpg

CD78BE76-4CAD-4AC1-B303-6CA8C35B11C9.jpg

A321413A-4BB2-4642-8AD6-64316BC86E02.jpg

7ED8BD85-D4B0-4D71-A0E2-50CE1F77321C.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tony, welcome to Ratsun. You can still find most engine parts (rings, bearings, gasket sets and pistons) at auto parts stores like NAPA and Lordco. Any auto machine shop can do the boring and head work. All you need is the money.

• Like 1

Thanks mike I got the money and I'll start looking into tune up parts to see if they run both have been sitting for a while but they look very promising. Any pointers in trying to start up an engine that's been sitting for a while?

• Like 1