Name this part.....

shadow1752

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew it had something to do with the breaking system, wonder why it was deleted, Main reason I was tracing lines is I'm losing break fluid at a pretty quick rate.... think i found the problem:

I thought the 620s didn't use proportioning valves?

20150625_111407_zpsaqleubbq.jpg

Feels great for the weight on her, Used to try and yank the wheel out of my hand to the right during a panic stop but after playing with the front calipers that problem went away, spongy breaks but I do have a leak that I finally found in the rear, new wheel cylinder and a complete bleed and she should be right as rain i assume

• Like 1

Thats great news then. Yeah the NLSV would have zero effect on pulling left or right. I wouldn't worry to much about it if the brakes feel good.

If after you replace the wheel cylinder they still feel like you're not getting enough stopping power you could always put D21 Hardbody spindles & larger front calipers on your truck. It's a 100% bolt-on affair.

Datsun 620 on the left........ D21/Pathfinder V6 dual piston calipers on the right.

IMG_00680.jpg

You should put an add in the classifieds if you want to sell your NLSV

• Like 3

The NLSV is mounted with the front slightly higher than the back. Inside is a steel ball that rolls forward and blocks a valve when braking and limits the amount of brake pressure sent to the rear drums. As weight is added to the bed it sinks lower and the incline becomes slightly steeper. This makes it harder for the ball to roll forward and block the valve and more pressure is sent to the rear drums. The increased rear weight also increases the traction of the tires so more braking effort can safely be applied.

• Like 2

Thats great news then. Yeah the NLSV would have zero effect on pulling left or right. I wouldn't worry to much about it if the brakes feel good.

If after you replace the wheel cylinder they still feel like you're not getting enough stopping power you could always put D21 Hardbody spindles & larger front calipers on your truck. It's a 100% bolt-on affair.

Datsun 620 on the left........ D21/Pathfinder V6 dual piston calipers on the right.

IMG_00680.jpg

You should put an add in the classifieds if you want to sell your NLSV

Those just bolt right on?  love the idea of more surface area

I don't know of an actual write up on the forum. The swap is generally associated with drop spindles or an early 620 drum to disc conversion. You could search those types of topics.

I've done the swap on two of my 620's very simple & straight forward. 

There is contradicting information on whether or not the stock 620 wheels can still be used. Both of my trucks are running aftermarket wheels. One set is 18's & the other is 15's. I've got no clearance issues.

The parts needed to do the swap/conversion:

Spindles: 1987-97 V6 D21 2wd
Hubs: 1987-97 V6 D21 2wd
Calipers: 1987-97 V6 D21 or Pathdinder
Rotors: 1987-97 V6 D21 2wd

Brake Hose- I used V6 D21 4wd ones. I don't know why but they fit & work perfectly.
Ball Joints- OEM 620 top & bottom. 

I used dropped spindles so the only part I sourced from the junkyard was the hubs & hardware. I purchased all the bearings, seals, calipers & rotors from RockAuto.

If it's something you're interested in & you have any specific questions you can always PM me & I'll help the best I can. 

• Like 4