May 3rd Autocross at SRP Spokane (now with more Ugly Betty!)

So all the hard work paid off!  Spent a bunch of time fitting adjustable coilovers to the Maxima and clearancing the rear inner fenderwells, not prettily, but it was indeed worth it!  The car ran great today, handled great, and overall I was quite pleased with the results.  Now I just need a little more hp.  I have a camshaft and valve springs to help with that.  Just need installation.  Didn't have enough time before today's event.

First off, the pictures I was too embarrassed to post in my build thread because a bodyman, I'm not.  But it was functional and my tires don't rub in the rear on compression now.

uglybettyfenders_zps3jwrelht.jpg

uglybettyautosrp2_zpsei5hlk6j.jpg

Ghetto-fab 1/16" diamond plate aluminum makes great flare material!  Why?  Because I had it!  Riveted to the car and yes I cut it, the rear doors open just fine.

uglybettyautosrp1_zpseundl3cg.jpg

regyattackface_zpsy1ijq0hz.jpg

My bodyman Regy looking like a boss!  ;)

mysterygirlanddad_zps4ok4zgdb.jpg

This is the mystery girl who came to autocross talking to dad.  There will be more on her when I'm sure she's going to stick around, but it's safe to say she's a hot babe, and she likes cars.  Will she put up with me and my Datsun-related shenanigans?  That remains to be seen! :)

So all in all, a great day.  Have to investigate my pax index though.  Somehow I'm further behind in pax than I am in raw time and that's pretty much bs.  Got 31st out of 92 cars entered in raw times.  The winning is figured by pax and I'm 3rd in my class, but there were only three cars.  One's a Miata with slicks wider than two of my race tires, and the other is Kelsey in a Ford Thunderturd with a serious amount of hp.  I'm about 3 seconds behind those two.  The suspension seems to be working well, so next thing is MORE POWER!!  And LSD.  Need traction!  I'll let you know how that works out next autocross!

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, quite fun, Mohammed's SUs are making his 610 much better.  And don't forget, there is autocross this weekend!  I'm racing on Saturday this time, not on Sunday.  30th at Deer Park Airport, come one, come all!