my son is autistic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This conversation always looks exactly the same.

Best info I've ever read was based on mitochondrial defects in our DNA. These defects sometimes create issue, sometimes none, and sometimes lead to propensities toward conditions. This is not an Autism or even ASD specific problem. It's much broader in scope. But the premise that someone that is born with a propensity toward issues in specific parts of the body, especially the brain, scares me. And knowing Aluminums effects on the brain, as well as Mercury, and a plethora of other nasties deemed safe by the FDA, I'm just not trusting the science community. I'm not saying vaccines cause anything, but I will just add that something that is completely safe for most people, may have a pool of individuals for whom it is not at all safe. And there are many things in a persons life that will create issues if these defects are not tested for and diagnosed. This testing is only a few years old, and largely not known. So what else do we not know about?

Autism is a blessing and a curse from what I've witnessed. I am appalled at how many of you are first hand with it. Don't stop research and testing on any possible culprit. Especially if your reason is that you are tired of hearing about it.

Banana, that is a very interesting situation you are in, and I imagine you have a very tuned opinion on the subject. I've read up on sibling likelyhood of ASD around 7%. But I doubt there is much data on twins.