My '73 620

MoraPL620

I finally have my Datsun! It took me close to 12 years to actually aquire it but it's about time! She is in rough shape at the moment but it's nothing a little bit of time, effort, sweat, blood, love, and money can't take care of. My main issue at the moment, is that my dad decided to try and work on it and decided that it needed a distributor. Now it sits not running because he claims that the Dual Point distributor shaft is to short and isn't "grabbing" when trying to crank it over. I doubt he did the whole timing thing first. I was wondering if there was a difference in how long the distributor shaft is from a Single Point versus a Dual Point? I don't have the origianl distributor because the parts house needed it for a core and this happened years ago, so there is no getting it back now. I would like to get it mechanically sound before I fix up the body. I don't really know of anyone in my area that knows much about Datsuns. Any help to get my diamond in the rough up and running would be great, thanks!

If you want to see a picture of it, I set it as my profile picture.

Thanks Again!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic