85"brake flush

85"720

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleed the furthest from the master. Right rear then left rear right front then left front. Its a good idea to have a hand with this.

Someone pumps and hold the peddle down the other person opens the bleeder while the peddle is pushed to the floor. Closed the bleeder and pump again. Hold then open the bleeder again. And repeat until there's no air trapped at each wheel.

Don't forget!  The bleeding process _must_ start with the Nissan Load Sensing Valve (NLSV), which sits below the passenger seat, on the inside of the frame rail.  If this has air in it, it will be impossible to properly bleed the rear axle.

If you have a Haynes manual, the picture of the NLSV is incorrect; that picture shows the mechanism used to bleed the clutch slave line, which lives on the firewall in the engine bay.  That is completely unrelated.  The NLSV is beneath the vehicle, directly below the passenger seat, on the inside of the frame rail.  The bleed screw is at the highest point (so right below the floor).

Don't forget!  The bleeding process _must_ start with the Nissan Load Sensing Valve (NLSV), which sits below the passenger seat, on the inside of the frame rail.  If this has air in it, it will be impossible to properly bleed the rear axle.

If you have a Haynes manual, the picture of the NLSV is incorrect; that picture shows the mechanism used to bleed the clutch slave line, which lives on the firewall in the engine bay.  That is completely unrelated.  The NLSV is beneath the vehicle, directly below the passenger seat, on the inside of the frame rail.  The bleed screw is at the highest point (so right below the floor).

NLSV then REAR then FRONT brakes.

you can buy brake lines at oreillys and similar stores.

when i upgraded my 620's front drums to rotors, i stripped the flare nuts (yes i was using a flare wrench) and had to get completely new hard lines.

the lines at the stores come pre assembled (flare nuts attached & with flares at the ends) and in different lenghts (ie 15", 32", etc)

on the 620, the passenger and driver side lines are of different lengths, so keep that in mind.