Autocross today 8-10-14

It's 8-10 day!!  Woot woot! :D  I didn't even realize it until I started editing the video for youtube.

Did pretty well considering the car in front of me (Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed something, 300+ hp turbo 2.3) was my closest competitor.  Fast course today.  Car hooked up pretty well, dicked around with the camber a bit.  I think the proper wheels are going to allow the tires not to roll over quite so much.  Think I also need to lower the back end of the car.  When I'm hard braking, it's a little too high, so it tends to go positive camber I think, thus getting a little squirrelly.  The other thing I might do to counterbalance that is mount the battery in the trunk.  Have to check the rules and see if that's legal.

All in all, not too bad a day.  The Mazda ran a 43.9 to my 45.0 flat.  Had a 44.4 but it supposedly had a cone. (Bullshit!) ;)

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your run in this latest vid looks way faster than the previous ones you posted. Maybe the 1.1 second time difference between you and the Mazda is a huge amount in autocross, but to me the Mazda guy should be embarrassed considering how much more HP he has. And dollars spent. I have no idea on weights of the respective cars. Mazda must be lighter, but maybe not all that much. So can you turbo the Maxima and run in the same class? You know sooner or later a turbo Z will show up at Pull n Save.

I don't know if Reg told you Karen's car quit and she has taken over the 510 for her drive to Ritzville. The third morning she emailed she had arrived okay, then asked about women's autocross division! :lol: That night she said she was joking, but how do I know for sure? I need to get her out of the 510 fairly soon or I may never get it back.

Maybe you saw it, but that nice Maxima in the Tri-Cities may have dropped in price. I don't recall what he was asking before though.

Len

Your run in this latest vid looks way faster than the previous ones you posted. Maybe the 1.1 second time difference between you and the Mazda is a huge amount in autocross, but to me the Mazda guy should be embarrassed considering how much more HP he has. And dollars spent. I have no idea on weights of the respective cars. Mazda must be lighter, but maybe not all that much. So can you turbo the Maxima and run in the same class? You know sooner or later a turbo Z will show up at Pull n Save.

I don't know if Reg told you Karen's car quit and she has taken over the 510 for her drive to Ritzville. The third morning she emailed she had arrived okay, then asked about women's autocross division! :lol: That night she said she was joking, but how do I know for sure? I need to get her out of the 510 fairly soon or I may never get it back.

Maybe you saw it, but that nice Maxima in the Tri-Cities may have dropped in price. I don't recall what he was asking before though.

Len

I didn't see it had gone down, but either way I'm not going to get it unless it dips to the $500 mark.  You and Karen should start autocrossing!

• Like 1