She's dead Jim......

DrRocks0

So pulled the crank because I thought I was having main bearing knock and found this.  Looks like thrust washer failed and crank walked.  #3 bearing spun in the block. #5 has metal in it but the crank looks perfect.  

Plus the "new" clutch the PO said he installed was wasted and all the way down to the rivets and glazed to all hell.  So I need one of those too.  

Does this look machine-able? 

IMG_20140802_144921064_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140802_144928810_HDR.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So THATS why I was finding orange silicon in the water pump and oil pump... 

IMG_20140805_150109657.jpg

I'm going to have to have a "talk" with the PO.  The cylinder head is junk too.  So many intake holes stripped out and exhaust studs nuts stripped on. Looks like they took a belt sander to the cylinder head mating surface.  Where the cams ride is scored too but the cams are clean...

WTF? That's a terrible story. Some people should not have tools.

I talked with the PO, he said he drove the car for 3 years and that I must be doing something horrible to it for everything to fail.  I sent him pictures of the torn down motor and all the damage and he said he never touched the motor.  That he just bought it and drove it which is a lie because when I picked it up from him he told me about the cylinder head work he had done to it trying to keep the original price. 

Motor showed up.  Je pistons, Eagle rods, ACL race bearings.  ARP head and mains, Apexi metal headgasket, BC stage 2 springs and cams, titanium hardware, phenolic spacer for the intake, an extra set of Tomei 270 cams, Greddy oil pan with a huge external oil cooler as well.  I have braided turbo lines and a new spec stage 2+ clutch on the way, should be here today.  Just need big turbo, fuel regulator and injectors and I can join the 400+hp club :D

IMG_20140807_075051939.jpg

IMG_20140807_075102708.jpg

IMG_20140807_075129978.jpg

• Like 1