Power steering, Sway bar relocation?

Dilligaf

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have an L series engine possibly a later Z car pump could be fitted. For a PS box maybe from a D-21 Navara? is it? Best would be to find a truck that had it and swap it in. If they didn't have PS you will have to make something work.

Move the sway bar forward? Not without replacing it with something differently shaped to reach back. There would have to be a good reason for this much trouble..

If your looking for a RHD power steering gear, good luck, I have about 3 guys over there looking for one for me, and they have been looking for a long time now.

Just wondering what power steering options are available for the 720? and if its possible to relocate the sway bar? (as close to the front as possible)

It was an option on the 4wd 720s over there, the problem is that the 4wd column assembly is different than a 2wd column assembly, the rag joint on the 4wd is down on the PS gear while the 2wd has the rag joint up by the firewall on PS equipped vehicles, as far as I know, there were no RHD 2wd 720 trucks built by Nissan with power steering.

If you want a LHD power steering gear assembly with everything needed to convert over to LHD, then all you need is lots of money for shipping, and you will need to talk someone like me into pulling it all for you and shipping it.

If you do happen to find a Nissan 720 RHD power steering gear and you are not going to use it, I will buy it from you.

I seen a diesel 720 over here with the sway bar mounted behind the lower control arms, it was mounted on the frame right below the firewall, not entirely sure how they did it though, I think they cut a hole in the side of the frame and installed the mount nuts in the frame, then they welded it back up, that is what it looked like to me, but it was really dirty down there, it was a diesel after all.

That was the vehicle that had sat for a really long time as I recall, it had moss growing on the intake and air conditioning unit/pump, and I could not get the upper starter bolt out, and I tried really hard to get it out, and I don't give up easily, but it had just sat to long.

Im wanting to do a l67 engine swap into my datsun and there sumps are front humped that's the reason to me wanting to move the sway bar. So the only 720's with power steering were 4x4's? is there any other difference to the column or just the location of the rag joint?

Im wanting to do a l67 engine swap into my datsun and there sumps are front humped that's the reason to me wanting to move the sway bar. So the only 720's with power steering were 4x4's? is there any other difference to the column or just the location of the rag joint?

It was an option over there in Australia, so was the LSD in the 720 in the USA, not many of them out there either, at least not in the USA.

The knuckle joint is connected to the power steering gear on 2wd 720 trucks, the reason is that the rag joint hits the upper control arm when a power steering gear is used, the 4X4 with power steering and 2wd without power steering have the rag joint connected to the steering gear.

OK I need to say that all my experience is with LHD trucks.

Over here all 2wd 720 trucks with power steering have the rag joint near the firewall, 2wd trucks without power steering have the rag joint connected to the steering gear, as for 4wd trucks, I just know that the power steering tilt column in a 4X4 cannot be used on a 2wd truck because of rag joint placement.

At the moment I cannot recall if a 2wd 720 with power steering ever came with a non-tilt column, I have only tilt columns in my trucks.

As for the sway bar being put behind the lower control arms, I have only seen one that way in my life, but I see no reason why it would not work.