breather filter

same goes for any sales rep, conviction is key.

Davidians were hell bent on one particular snippet outta the old testiment. At least David Koresh knew some campfire chords on the guitar. Hubbard could mix a tasty cocktail using paint thinner tho.

this thread was derailed before it started

I just realized this isn't the Random thread. :lol: :lol:

• Like 2
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The purpose of the crankcase breather is to let clean filtered air into the block and during heavy throttle to let normal blowby out. It was formerly accomplished by a long downtube but that didn't work very well so they changed to metered crankcase ventilation. Its one reason why oil lasts so much longer now. To everyone's benefit it cuts down on air pollution while keeping the engine cleaner.

• Like 1

Yes. You can fit the breather hose outside the filter. This is sometimes done when the rings start wearing out, causing unburned oil and blowby to overwhelm the breather system. Its a bandaid that may be better than gumming up the carb. Until you can fix the problem.

• Like 1

Yes. You can fit the breather hose outside the filter. This is sometimes done when the rings start wearing out, causing unburned oil and blowby to overwhelm the breather system. Its a bandaid that may be better than gumming up the carb. Until you can fix the problem.

This is all good to know, I think we are all on the same page and don't know it.

So you think the Redline weber on ebay is actually a knock off? I checked out the Redline product stuff and it is exactly the same box and same parts.( I think )

I totally respect your opinion and am just wondering how you know this? 

• Like 1