moving ka back in 510

ok so can anyone help me. ive searched and cant find anything

but how the F*** do I or does everyone move their motor back toward the firewall?

mines sitting right in the middle of the bay. I need it to move at least 3-4inches back.

I feel dumb asking a question that's probably been covered plenty times just cant seem to find it.

my left mount was binding so I drilled the bracket a tiny bit to free it from that.

if anyone could help me it would be highly appreciated.

or point me in the right direction

thanks

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the same position as an L series engine. Moving it to far back will make removing the trans a pain as you'll have to tilt the motor upwards from the front dropping the rear of the trans, remove radiator/heater hoses and loosen motor mounts just so you can slip the trans out. I have to do this with my SR. So moving it back ok it's a motor mount modification. Remove the mounts from the block and position the engine exactly how you want it then mock up the mounts. This is how I did mine and it was pretty simple.

haha^^ so ive been looking at a lot of pictures of ka 510s and it looks like most of them the motor sits with a slight tilt back toward the firewall

and then the normal ka tilt to the left

when I tilted mine back a bit it seemed perfect, seeing that the tranny wasn't bolted up doesn't help, but it took up most of that gap.

i took the motor out and bolted up my tranny and will be putting it back in later on today to see if everything lines up.

i have a techno toy trans xmember don't have a mount yet but just see if im anywhere near where i need to be

for the drive line, you will need the ka drive line and cut it. after cutting it to the correct length, you will need to cut the back yoke off the 510 drive line and weld it to the ka drive line. you will need to send out to get it welded and balanced. at least thats what i did on my 510 with sr20de.....