Youtube slow lately

Has anyone else had issues with youtube taking forever to buffer lately?  Sometimes it's quick, mostly it's slow.  It will sit there and spin it's little circles forever, refresh it 20 times it might work.  Anyone know how to fix that?  Running chrome.

It looks like it's trying to run a commercial on one of the videos I've uploaded, something I never allowed.  Is there some sneaky something that is inserting commercials into everything now?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched several music vids on Youtube this afternoon and it is running better than it usually does. Sometimes if there are a lot of people on our small-town ISP, Youtube runs really slow. Of course I was watching The Clash and David Allen Coe, possibly the only one in the world doing so. Vids that normal people watch may be running slow.

But I did install Adblock today for my Firefox on the advice of thisismatt. Wow, it is like a miracle! I don't know why advertisers think I would want to buy their useless crap after they continually interrupt my enjoyment of Youtube, but maybe they are gone forever. Thanks thisismatt! And HRHMatt for posting the question.

Len