Fender and Nose piece fitment

Hi all!

Came out a few weeks ago to find someone had crunched in the front end of my 1980 720 Longbed.

I'm hunting for a Drivers side fender and nose piece.

I'm curious what year range of fenders and nose pieces will fit my '80.

Removal and replacement looks pretty straight forward.

I'm pretty new to the world of Datsun still.  This is the first bit of body work I'll be doing to the truck.

Thanks all!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The body was the same, at least up until 85, so anything from 80 up should work. I have heard of a few yards in Portland that have 720s with parts till on them.  I know of one down south here, an '81, that had those pieces on it when I was last taking something from it....

Nose piece?? Do you mean the valance behind/below the front bumper?... Has a different part number after Oct.'82

I've heard all 720 fenders are the same but the front corner marker/furn signal lamps changed slightly in Oct.'82 and possibly that valance mentioned earlier. It may still be true they will interchange though, or you may have to replace the marker lamp. Not really an option.

Otherwise '80 to November '82 are the same on all 720 trucks..

Hi Dylan, any year 720 fender will work, but the sheet metal between the fenders from the hood down is different from 83 on to match the headlight position(1 inch lower), the new trim design, and the larger bumpers.

There are 2 1980s at the sherwood yard, both have been there a while, and one in the north portland yard which has been there a while also, there is an 82 in the Vancouver yard, but the same story, been there a while.

Sherwood has the most 720s, there are 4 of them, 2 1980s, and 2 1983s.

• Like 1