v8 620 air bag question

tmac1991

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the 78s ball joint or kingpin trucks? 

If it's a king pin your limited to the size of tire you can run. check the link below, you can fit smaller bags in without much work, but with the weight of the v8 you may want to run a bigger bag. 

http://www.minitruckinweb.com/tech/suspension/1202mt_air_bagging_1973_datsun_bulletside/

I'm running a 6" bag, check my build thread and see what I had to cut. 

Im not rele worried about going lower, really just want to get rid of my torsion bars

Then put coil overs on it, it's not worth the trouble for bags and air management if you aren't interested in instant adjustability. User Beebani sells a kit for this. 

Because everyone doesn't have tht kinda money just on upper control arms, then buying the shocks at 250 each. I can't get air bags cheaper.

Deleting the torsion bars is going to take money and effort, keeping the torsion bars and getting it low will take money or effort, it really depends on if you have a welder and know how to use it, and what type of ride your willing to live with.