carpet kit for 620 king cab

rustyrat

hey im looking for a carpet kit for my 79 datsun king cab im new to this whole datsun thing im in the middle of restoring mine just need help with websites i can check out with parts and carpet kit headliner any of that would help thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusty, you really should introduce yourself some day. Tell us about your '79 620 (the most beautiful truck Nissan ever made) and definitely you should know to post pictures of it. In other words, buy us a beer before we have sex. :lol:

I don't know of any kit for the 620. For my truck I removed the black carpet from a 720 KC. It's wider and longer behind the seats. It's also heavily padded underneath for sound deadening so you will have to peel some of it off under the pedals and the gas. I trimmed the sides and lifted and tucked it under the sill plates. Just take your time and it looks ok. I had to unbolt the seat belt anchors and mount them through new holes I poked in it.

• Like 2

Rusty, you really should introduce yourself some day. Tell us about your '79 620 (the most beautiful truck Nissan ever made) and definitely you should know to post pictures of it. In other words, buy us a beer before we have sex. :lol:

I don't know of any kit for the 620. For my truck I removed the black carpet from a 720 KC. It's wider and longer behind the seats. It's also heavily padded underneath for sound deadening so you will have to peel some of it off under the pedals and the gas. I trimmed the sides and lifted and tucked it under the sill plates. Just take your time and it looks ok. I had to unbolt the seat belt anchors and mount them through new holes I poked in it.

Same here You can catch my work in my TARDIS build thread

. . . ..'79 620 (the most beautiful truck Nissan ever made) 

That is debateable !! :rofl: 

The rest of it was great advice.

While I do like the 620's I think that is debatable too! I also like the style of the 80-83 DATSUN 720 like mine, but the 520/1 is becoming my favorite.

So far as carpet goes, you will come out a lot cheaper to use bulk carpeting. I remember a write up in the 510 section about how someone used bulk roll carpet from Walmart. Just involves a lot of stretching, cutting, etc.

I'm getting a kit from a site called "Stock Interriors" for $98 I believe. For my 620 standard cab. They also had one for a KC. but joecool is right, buying a roll of carpet and cutting it yourself would be wayyyy cheaper. + I don't believe the site doesn't offer the backing unless you pay an extra $15

they don't list the 620 ....... are you using the 720 stuff like datzenmike & isomswim.??

I'm getting a kit from a site called "Stock Interriors" for $98 I believe. For my 620 standard cab. They also had one for a KC. but joecool is right, buying a roll of carpet and cutting it yourself would be wayyyy cheaper. + I don't believe the site doesn't offer the backing unless you pay an extra $15