SU linkage rotation question

So we tried working this out using paper and felt pens but i can't seem to think it through correctly. And before we cut/grind it off to weld onto middle bar ( don't know technical name) between carbs.

My question is, if my linkage cable can only pull from A to B which circle would rotate more ,,as in turn farther..

The pink circle or the blue circle

Linkagequestion_zps39e48dd0.jpg

I understand it is probably a simple answer but my brain is fried from measuring a million other things to use original cable that is just barely long enough.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really hard to pedal but you go fast in gear 7 on a mountain bike, and its easy to pedal but you go slow in gear 1. Gear 1 is big, gear 7 is tiny, Gear 1 has a large radius, gear 7 has a small radius.

Blue has a smaller radius.

Middle bar is the throttle bar

You'll have more than enough rotation in the stock (blue) trunnion hole.

Pulling from the top with 38s?

I did the same thing...but pulling from the bottom for the 46s to utilize my 'stock' throttle cable

Lower right in pic

PC210024.jpg

SUlinkagesetup.jpg

• Like 1

Like a pry bar (or pen you're drawing with) the further up you push on it, the more leverage, but the less the other end moves. Move closer to the point you are prying with, the more it will move, but the less leverage you will have.

Middle bar is the throttle bar

You'll have more than enough rotation in the stock (blue) trunnion hole.

Pulling from the top with 38s?

I did the same thing...but pulling from the bottom for the 46s to utilize my 'stock' throttle cable

Lower right in pic

PC210024.jpg

SUlinkagesetup.jpg

We are going to pull from bottom because the cable just happens to be lower than manifold..  It's funny you post those pictures as those were the pictures we have been working with to figure out what we need. Those pictures show parts numbers that also helped me find out there are kits being sold by my local Nissan dealer in stock ..

:thumbup: :thumbup:

From this thread ,, and "your shit" thread .

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/59502-prefferred-su-carbs-flat-or-dome/

Many drama queens criticize this place with every breath  but with a little research this place is a treasure for Datsun guys..

We have been lurking 720world quite a bit lately though.

:ninja: :ninja: