I need help with my 72 goon

Zitro007

I have a 72 datsun wagon which needs help. The first thing is that everything I try to starter it up I takes a lot of time. But when I get it running it starts to smoke a lot the carb was rebuilt. Also it using a lot of gas. Please let me know why I'm having these problem. Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

* takes a lot of time to start

* smokes a lot

* using a lot of gas

If none of these occurred before the carb was rebuilt, suspect the carb. On, the other hand, maybe it did this before the carb was rebuilt.

* Only black smoke can be caused by carb. White

or whitish blue smoke cannot be caused by the carburetor

* taking a long time to start is usually caused by a choke which has not been adjusted

* using a lot of fuel can be caused by many things

Here's what I would do:

1. When engine is cold, pump gas pedal once. Remove air cleaner lid and ensure choke is completely closed. If it is slightly open, then adjust the choke

2. Start the engine. Once it is idling, view the fuel level in the carburetor sight glass. If it is not at the line, plus or minus 1mm, adjust the float level.

I have a 72 datsun wagon which needs help. The first thing is that everything I try to starter it up I takes a lot of time. But when I get it running it starts to smoke a lot the carb was rebuilt. Also it using a lot of gas. Please let me know why I'm having these problem. Thanks