high comp ka24

Russell

I'm building a high compression ka24de i have ka24E pistons so compression will be around 11:1 or 11.6:1 

I am wonder if i should gap the ring a little loose than spec because if the extra heat i will be making. spec is .0110-.0205

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get 11.1 but I don't have an exact combustion chamber size for the DE head. I reverse engineered it to 47cc and ran my calc at 46cc. Do you have the correct size???

N/A top ring gap? 0.004" for every inch of bore so on a KA that's 0.014". Drag or track racing is 0.0045" per inch or 15.77" I wouldn't go that wide Maybe just under 0.0145" as a compromise. Fourteen thou will be fine for all over running and good compression

It's a stock DE head (I used 46cc for measurements) it hasn't been decked the 89-early90 ka24e Pistons gave me 11.6:1 and the late90-94sh gave me 11.0:1. Compression ratio doesn't matter to much right now for me, but I bought aftermarket stock Pistons and it said (89-94sh ka24e) Pistons so I don't know which ones they are.

The later 8.5 compression E pistons have a small 2.8cc dish. Here's mine...

89mmKA24Efloatingpinpiston002Large.jpg

The early 9 to 1 compression pistons were used for only three months. I have to assume they have a small dome on them. If you do indeed have these please post a picture of them.

So stock block (not decked), stock head, and stock pistons ... I predict it will have stock compression.

these are ka24e pistons going into a ka24De blocks compression should be around 11:1 

Drag racers and SCCA racers often run 14:1 compression, so that large ring gap mike mentioned probably doesn't apply.

11:1 is used by many modern cars, and they don't have unusually extra large gaps.

this motor will also see boost some day.

i have a VF40 off a Subaru I'm gonna run 5 lbs on for learning purposes, i want to experiment with E85 and water meth, this motor could grenade on first start up and i wouldn't care less.

ok will do thanks for such a quick response mike, I'm really starting to like this form more

Post plenty of pictures and have a thick skin. It's all you need to know... There's tons of knowledge here. Stick around and post more about your build.