Single sidedraft setup questions

Hooligan

Finally getting around to setting up my L20 with a Lynx manifold running a Weber 45. Currently there are no drilled ports in the manifold. There is one platform ready to be drilled and tapped that I will use for the PCV valve. I need a second one for my brake booster.... is there an ideal place for this since I am going to have to drill and tap this one also? Closer to carb base or head?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well technically, youd need vacuum from all 4 ports to get it "right"..

that intake makes it tricky to get a good vacuum signal from without goofing up the way it runs. 

either way you look at it, its only gonna pull vacumm from 2 cylinders, so pretty much anywhere you thing itll look clean. 

i dont think theres a lot you can do with it being closer to the carb vs the head. wherever itll fit pretty much. 

hope you get it worked out!

• Like 1

I had a 71 VW camper with a dual idf weber set up. It also had power brakes. (twenty feet from the motor) I plumbed it for 2 cylinders that were 360 degrees from each other. worked fine. By that I mean with a firing order of 1-3-4-2, you would want to go with 1 and 4, or 3 and 2. With that manifold I would just drill both, plumb them together and tee off to the booster and pcv. If you can drill the underside it will look cleaner. Maybe even have someone tig weld some bungs on the bottom.

Love the breather box BTW. 

• Like 2