Accelerator pump parts

Dats Right

DSC05029_zps7d902352.jpg

Hi, i recently inquired on the model of this carb, and was told it was the hitachi dcg-328, since then i have found my accelerator pump is only doling out droplets of fuel when manualy operated, the rubber boot is also very deteriorated, i have been looking around to buy these parts but cant find anything for the dcg-328, i have seen rebuild kits for dcj-328, dcz 328 and daf 328, does anyone know if i can use an accelerator pump from any of these other carbs or, where i can find the one specifically for this carb, 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you could use an accelerator pump from just about any Hitachi carb kit, as long as the plunger diameter is the same, and  the length from the piston, or cup to the holes in the top of the shaft are the same.

I am not sure, but I think somebody put a carburettor from an L-16 on you 1300 engine.

Thanks, there was a carb rebuild kit in the truck when i found it, that said it was for the j16 but pump was a bit larger, just dont want to order another wrong part, ill check out the L16 carb schematics. The engine is actually a j15 though the metal label against firewall states 1300 as the engine "capacity"

Thanks, there was a carb rebuild kit in the truck when i found it, that said it was for the j16 but pump was a bit larger, just dont want to order another wrong part, ill check out the L16 carb schematics. The engine is actually a j15 though the metal label against firewall states 1300 as the engine "capacity"

That tag was for the "as shipped from the factory" configuration. Who knows how many "improvements" have been retrofitted since then.