78 620 v8

tmac1991

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suspension and brakes can be upgraded to better than what you would get with a frame swap for less and with less work beebani makes coilover towers that utilize the qa1 coilovers seen on most hotrods he also makes front and rear disk break conversion kits to fit the 300zx Fairlady z32 calipers love your last pic with the fire

What parts are you not able to find for the stock frame? Everything is still available for them last I checked for anything. 

I would imagine that a lot of the issues that you are having are do to the added weight of the V8 in your truck..

Couple of things that you may want to consider..Hardbody disk brakes, stronger front springs, and a front sway bar.

1. Hardbody disk brakes is so simple that there is no excuse to not have them. Get everything from the spindle outboard from a 2wd V6 Hardbody for the largest of the Hardbody brakes. The HB 2wd 4cyl brakes would be an upgrade for you though..

2. As mentioned, coilover bracket kits are available, but if you wanted to stick with the torsion bars you might consider finding a larger diameter set of bars from a 720 truck. There was some research done on this recently in a thread started by GRPufnstuf. There was a few options of bar sizes throughout the 720 production.

3. A stock front sway bar from a 72-77 620 will bolt onto the frame of the 78/79 620, however you need a longer end link than that of the 72-77 to fit it to the 78/79 control arm. End links are readily available at any auto parts store. If I remember correctly, I used stock end links for a 720.

All of this is much easier than doing a frame swap..