part number help

720buck

Hey.  So this will sound a bit bizarre .   I have ordered the same rear window, confirmed the make model and year ... twice... and have been given the wrong part.. BOTH times.  Either one of two things:

1. I have really bad luck

2.  Someone at the factory really likes to mislabel things.

3.  (I am adding a third) The person labeling the parts with the sharpie is dyslexic.

So to confirm, I was curious if ya'll have the..:

1980 Datsun 720 Kingcab part number for the rear sliding window.

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would check to see if the '80 even HAD a sliding rear window. My info shows only available from Oct '82 and on.

The solid glass is different number before Oct. 82 also so unlikely the sliders sent to you will fit the earlier frame.

Not saying that. Only that I can only find 10/'82 and on having them from the factory. Phone Nissan and ask directly about the 1980. Sometimes you have to lead the countermen around by the nose as you know more than they do. They probably weren't even born yet when your truck was new.

The conversation may end like this... "Yeah the 720 had a slider rear window all years... Yeah I checked... Sure I'll look again but, oh.... well, what do you know? sez here... only from October '82 and on."

First question: On your slider, do you have 2 pieces of glass that slide or only 1?

My catalog agrees with Mike (mostly) in that the application is from 11/82 and on.

left slider: 79733-11W05

right slider: 79732-11W05

If you only have a single pane of glass that slides, it is either an aftermarket or possibly a Nissan Accessory slider. The unfortunate part about that is I do not have info on those.

Wait, I remember a pic of your fix for that on here I think....I"ll be back

OK, it looks like a double slider and I have no stinkin idea now.  When I started doing Nissan parts the Hardbody had just come out and THAT accessory slider would have had only 1 slider.  What you really need to find is someone that still has the microfiche with the accessory catalog....I know, chicken lips will be easier to find.

By the way, what part #'s are they getting you? Will try and help where I can but no longer in the Nissan game.

Went back and looked this up again and found that the part # is the same for both sides.....not sure how that is possible but...79732-11W05 is the part # for both