Wanted- L20b

Anyone have a l20b they want to sell anywhere near New England??

I know...fat chance!

But it can't hurt to ask!

I've seen the built ones on ebay, but shipping would even put the least expensive one in the 2k range! Little rich for my $250 521!

If I have said it once, I've said it 100 times, y'all on the west coast have it so good!! You use L20's for paperweights out there!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look in to a longhaul outfit if you get lucky you can find a driver that will pick it up for cheap i have 1 for stuff in cali i just asked this trucker i have seen a few times at the bar and he said sure so when we meet up i just buy dinner and drinks for him it works out sweet. Good luck

While on the subject, sorry to butt in on your thread fisch, does anyone know about those motors on ebay? more power? what? I don't care to spend the money if I'm gonna be satisfied with the performance and durability. And no I'm not rich, but I'm getting ready to get some estate money, so I'm gonna splurge on myself. and again fisch, sorry to get in on your thread.

No problem rubberman! I asked about those engines once before on here and at least one person was pleased, and there were no negatives.

I would prolly buy one tomorrow if I didn't have to ship it!

but that takes the fun out of racing around in a motor you built feeling i have always been afraid to buy a new motor scince i blew the last one i bought in 3 days since then i have built all my own engines and i know that that bolt is tight just my 2 cents

fisch let me do some homework for you.

l20b $350 at pandolfe's auto parts south in ct. 1-800-752-7278

l20b $200 at burlington auto parts in ma 1-800-228-5544

wooHOO! Dan "the Googling Man" to the rescue! Go, Jim Dandy, Go! :D

Certainly a thought Datsunfish! But i also did a search for Nissan truck stuff and only came up w/ KA engines. THough I haven't tried Dan's nifty link!

I guess I am hoping for something that I can drop right in and be done. Remember I am not that skilled with things that make the 521 move.

Along this thought, I started a post in the engin section about Buy-built vs. By and have built.

My immediate concern at the moment though is getting the back brakes working! Before I get something to make it move, I need to make sure it stops!

i bet you could find the mounts for a ka cheaper + shipping then you would have imo the best of both worlds reliable and power i like the ieda of just turnning the key on a cold winter morning going inside get a cup of coffee and i still running dont have to mess with choke or wait for that pump to keep it alive and thier is all kinds of info for a swap.Also i dont know if anyone has bought 1 of those motors so u could be guinnea pig for us. and as for not knowing much about cars is okay its a datsun just remeber that it leans to your left a little:lol: the first time i put a motor in a Datsun i was like WTF iam a old mopar guy v8 never saw a 4banger :eek:untill i bought a honda in 95 i was in shock when i popped the hood so dont worry they are pretty easy to work on

I thought about a KA too. I'd need to read more about fitting it in a 521. Reamber I am after 'easy'! F.I., computers, wiring all make head swim. I have a hard enough time w/ caveman carburators!

if you want the ONLY calif L20 paperweight, its yours, for a creative picture.

this is likey the only item not avail on the west coast... in good condition.

i went through 3 before i went to a Z22 block.

you pay to ship it. it does have the infamous SMALL crack(repairable for stock compression) between 2/3.

spent $$ on it too, been hot tanked. couldnt use it for my project.

i am also shipping an L18 block to NH, maybe i could put em on the same pallet???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.