280z stalls and wont start back up

dato

1978 datsun 280z 2+2 auto trans

about a week ago i replaced the coil ran good no issues
Then three days ago i replaced dist cap and rotor, in the of removing the old coil wire from the old cap the metal contact on the wire split from corrosion on the connecter.
so i went and got a set of nappa wires (the only place open at the time) put the new wires on then drove down to the gas station where as soon as i put it in park it died and would not start again. found that it had no spark, fast forward to today put in a new ignition module took a few tries but it started but then it kept stalling out at idle, but i would start up again just kinda rough. Drove it around a bit ran good then went to the gas station and when i put it in park it did the exact same thing it originally did.
waited a bit and i got it to start, then it died at idle again and would not start up, when i was cranking it i could hear the ignition module clicking so im guessing its ok.

could the cheap nappa wires have something to do with this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Modules don't go bad. The old one probably would have restarted after a wait. Hopefully you kept it as the stock ones from Nissan are much better that the ones you buy in stores.

When things go wrong go back to the last thing you did or replaced and take a long hard look at it.

First of all why did you replace the coil?????? If it was working put it back on. Never mess with the ignition by replacing parts with questionable after market 'stuff'.