Can you use truck leaf springs on a wagon?

jalen

Want to lower my wagon. my plan was to add and a flip a #2 leaf from a wagon spring pack to lower my car 2-3" while still maintaining a decent ride. and then add a block in there. That way i dont have such a big block. (3-4" but instead 1-2") but it is a pain in the ass finding a spring pack from a wagon. So i was wondering will a 620, 720 or even a 521 spring pack bolt up to a wagon? if so im going to guess there stiffer since its a truck?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they do for your sake, you do not want to be flipping leaf springs, unless you like a crap ride.  :hmm:

I would be adding a new leaf to the pack so i would be going from 4 to 5 leafs in the pack. the one being added would be flipped, while the others remained in there normal positions. so it should stiffen the rear up a bit. But from others who have done this, say it is no where as bad as having a flipped second leafs in a stock pack (only 4 leafs) with a 3 inch or more block. Worse case scenario, i ditch the leaf springs and buy a rear clip of a 510 and go irs. Especially since it is something i am more familiar with.

the center locating pin on the truck pack is in the wrong location. If you drill them yourself you can throw the alignment off badly.

grab the flat overload leaf from a 720 or D21, pop it on the top of the pack.

I still havn't found a flipped/modded leaf setup that is stiff enough and doesn't ride horrible.

other option is to flatten out leafs with a press. or flip the main leaf.

Jalen,

what you may consider is, finding a leaf spring shop...call them and ask if they do custom De-arching...if they do bring the wagon with a full tank and tell them where you want the rear wheel arch to set to the tire.

No Blocks, ride may a bit more soft, it may cost around 200.00, but you dont have to hunt parts down, and you wouldnt have to do all that work your going to put your self through for the same result.

If you know any hot rod type cats in your town, speak to them about this process and if they know a good shop.

This may save you some grief, if your concerned about raising it back you could be conservative on how low, and always add a 1inch block, because once you De-arch you cant go back.

Just an idea