Can't find the plastic spacer deal for 620 calipers

GRpufnstuf

I'm assembling my 78-9 620 caliper conversion for my '73 620.

I have all the 620 stuff and. Beebani upper arms.

Currently assembling hubs, rotors, calipers and so on. I broke one of the plastic spacers that locates the caliper/piston on the surrounding bracket.

In this pic it would be below the bleeder where the back of the piston meets the blue bracket.

0C121D7A-E0A6-4E4C-B068-6F1DF328B332_zps

Anyone know where to get these? I'd order a disc hardware kit but every kit I look up doesn't seem to include these things.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a possibility but I'd want Delrin or better for heat resistance and then there are time considerations.

Between moving at the end of the month, looking for a place to move to now, having a baby early March, working, and trying to get the rest of this brake swap together and on my truck... I'd rather buy the part I need, if I can.

thanks DatzenMike. I searched "yoke holder" and found a part number from and older post where you answered this same question.

I found this page and exploded caliper view.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun620/Datsun620Index/Brake/FrontBrake/DiscType/tabid/2478/Default.aspx

84b3e34cd6b70060519741ffd009268d_zpse271

Part #9 looks like the piece I need. This site calls it a 'ring-bias' and gives this part number 41214-Y0101 RING-BIAS

I searched NissanParts.cc and that number is not listed. But a google search shows UK Nissan dealers offering it for about 3.5£

Maybe I'll contact Russel at Nissan Parts and ask if there something available.

I'm still hoping that MOTAVATED will have something for me and a quick paypal/USPS thing can happen though.

Ok... Found a caliper repair kit at Rock auto that had the spacer/yoke holder/ring-bias pictured in the kit.

It's made by Carlson and it's $4.47ea. I ordered the last 2 they had in stock. I also ordered the cheapest kit they offered, $1.88, just out of curiosity to see if my part comes in that too.

I'll update when I get that stuff, probably early next week.

Also, DatzenMike, just to be thorough I searched RockAuto for the early 720 caliper parts and they do offer the same repair kits for 80-81 at least. I didn't check the '82. There were a lot more brake options listed so not all the kits would be right.

If I had wrecking yard time I'm sure I could go find this thing pretty easily since it is on some 720s too. But I don't.

Ok time for shower and work. Good morning yall'z