Fitting Sizes for coolant and oil pressure gauges

gryffinwings

I need the fitting sizes that I need for coolant and oil pressure. These are Equus gauges I'm installing, that I've had for a while, just need a few things to install them. 

I was giving these specs for the coolant fittings:

9851 - Domestic and Asia

-5/8 - 18 to 3/8 - 18

-1/4 - 18

-1/2 - 14

-m16 x 1.5

9852 - Asian Vehicles 

-5/8 - 18 to m16 x 1.5

For the oil, I'm not sure what I'm going to do because I want to keep the indicator functional.

Any ideas for this. Thanks for any help provided.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the oil pressure, you need to convert the block 1/8-27 ISO, or British thread to a 1/8-28 NPT thread.

I think Edelmann 265220 is the adapter that will screw in to the block oil pressure hole, and it has a female 1/8-28 hole.

One method, after putting the above adapter in the block is to put a 1/8 pipe "T", and then get a oil pressure switch with the American 1/8-28 thread, put that in one end of the "T", and then run the pressure sender, or pipe off the other side of the "T".

I have done that oil pressure gauge addition.

I have not added an aftermarket water temp gauge to a Datsun engine.  I found it was easier to use the stock Datsun temp gauge.

• Like 1

Careful of those cheap Chinese plastic oil lines. buy ther autometer brand lines or get a newer type of guage that is electric sender type that plug in to the block.

I went back to the stock sender myself as I had oil lines break, even a braided one. Lucky I caught this before I RAN OUT OF OIL.

or use a Quality line. Dont be a cheap ass on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep a stock sender in glove box in case line goes bad and can plugg the hole and still make it home.

I say buy a remote sender type.

• Like 2

Careful of those cheap Chinese plastic oil lines. buy ther autometer brand lines or get a newer type of guage that is electric sender type that plug in to the block.

I went back to the stock sender myself as I had oil lines break, even a braided one. Lucky I caught this before I RAN OUT OF OIL.

or use a Quality line. Dont be a cheap ass on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep a stock sender in glove box in case line goes bad and can plugg the hole and still make it home.

I say buy a remote sender type.

Thanks for the warning, I never considered that, do you have specific recommendations on an inexpensive 2" unit? I think I will likely tee off the oil pressure sender, so I can have the indicator and the gauge.