looking for a Throttle Return Spring Bracket...

Shaun720

Hey everyone!

so a few months ago i bought an 86 720 King Cab 4x4; clean title and only 150k miles...  the body has a few odd little dings and a little surface rust starting, but the functionals were straight and solid.  i had a Weber carb installed, and for whatever reason, when i got the truck back it was lacking the original Throttle Return Spring Bracket.  the mechanic made do with some crappy metal strap looking material that barely does the job...

i've since checked the part yard near me, and had a puller check the other ones in the area for me, and no luck on finding one...  i'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me out in locating a source for a pulled stock one, or if there's a retailer that has one that will work.

here's a picture i was able to find on a google image search, that i tinted the bracket i'm talking about green:

bracket.jpg

all i seem to be able to find online or at local autozone/o'reilly stores are like this one:

140.jpg

and the geometry looks totally different...

any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This bracket can be made out of a flat piece of metal(1/2"X1/16"X4"), just drill a hole in the end big enough to bolt it to the carb stud, drill a small hole in the other end for the spring, bolt it down, and then bend it up till it is the angle you want, simple.

I am not saying it needs to be 4 inches, it needs to be whatever length needed to work properly, 3 inches, 3 1/2 inches, whatever works.

Sometimes we over think things, you don't need a fancy bracket, you just need something that works till you find the fancy bracket.

This bracket can be made out of a flat piece of metal(1/2"X1/16"X4"), just drill a hole in the end big enough to bolt it to the carb stud, drill a small hole in the other end for the spring, bolt it down, and then bend it up till it is the angle you want, simple.

I am not saying it needs to be 4 inches, it needs to be whatever length needed to work properly, 3 inches, 3 1/2 inches, whatever works.

Sometimes we over think things, you don't need a fancy bracket, you just need something that works till you find the fancy bracket.

thanks for that idea wayno.  i had actually been thinking about the fabrication approach, too.  there's a machine shop next door to where i work, and i can probably blueprint the bracket from pictures of it..

seems that one of these shouldn't be impossible to find tho...