need fuel tank!!!

mrweld

Looking to buy a fuel tank for a 1970 521, any ideas?  There are none of these trucks around here in junk yards to pick from. Mine is not repairable and do not have time to build one. Last part I need before I can start driving my jewel, please help!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would start with this... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/12-miscellaneous/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc there may be someone near you with one but don't hold breath.

If you don't have time to weld one then you'll have to make something else fit. Starting to look easier to make one...

• 4 weeks later...

Found a Samurai fuel tank fit with just a little modification, I had to block off the original fill neck and add a new one, plug a couple of lines and drill two holes in the tank flange to mount up to the stock location on the two mounts near the cab, make two new mounts for the rear, tank is actually a bit bigger too but fits just fine!!

Found a Samurai fuel tank fit with just a little modification, I had to block off the original fill neck and add a new one, plug a couple of lines and drill two holes in the tank flange to mount up to the stock location on the two mounts near the cab, make two new mounts for the rear, tank is actually a bit bigger too but fits just fine!!

Another happy ending :)

Day Late and Dollar short but If that dont fit, i gots one i am not using. i make an aluminum one for all mine. Expensive route!!!  I am in Northern VA. if you head up this way for anything...I like your ingenuity thought!!! Ratsun Style