120Y lowering kit. Need a solid resource, pleez.

guyster

I'm looking for a 2" rear drop and recall that I need a 2" wide block (for leaf stack). I also understand that the shackles (U bolts) for my axle are smaller than what comes with universal kits. Can someone please straighten me out if I'm wrong on these two points... or better yet, post a couple links to the lowering kit that I require. Gracie!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Measure the U-bolts you have, order some 2" blocks and the size u-bolts you need and BAM there ya go, from the picture it looks like you got the RHD 120y that was on the colorado craigslist, is it as nice as it looked?

This is the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to lower the rear.

Decambering your springs is the easiest way.

Blocks allow you to do it in a fast manner (procided you have the long U bolts that fit your axle and spring), but as said before, need additional parts. Also blocks, although looking good, sometimes slide.

It also lowers the rear springs away from car and closer to floor/road.

Decambering allows you to use all your stock U bolts and parts. The spring and axle remain in same position relative to each other.

No issues with sliding parts.

Got to remove the leaf springs and take them to a shop for decambering, that could set you back 2 days or so. Unless the shop could do it same day.

Think about it.

Straight leaves are also better performance wise. Choice of racers.

Thanks for this guidance. I thought it would be possible to just buy a kit, but obvs that's not poss.

Yes, this is the car out of Colorado. It is great! It has been nicely resprayed, the interior is impeccable, needed a new exhaust, and has minor rust on inner engine well by steering box and lower shock tower. The price was great, but shipping and tax added 25%.

Measure the U-bolts you have, order some 2" blocks and the size u-bolts you need and BAM there ya go, from the picture it looks like you got the RHD 120y that was on the colorado craigslist, is it as nice as it looked?

Decambering your springs is the easiest way.

Blocks allow you to do it in a fast manner (procided you have the long U bolts that fit your axle and spring), but as said before, need additional parts. Also blocks, although looking good, sometimes slide.

It also lowers the rear springs away from car and closer to floor/road.

Decambering allows you to use all your stock U bolts and parts. The spring and axle remain in same position relative to each other.

No issues with sliding parts.

Got to remove the leaf springs and take them to a shop for decambering, that could set you back 2 days or so. Unless the shop could do it same day.

Think about it.

Straight leaves are also better performance wise. Choice of racers.

Very interesting idea. I hadn't seen this as an option in the tech wiki that I recall. Maybe I just ignored it.

So far, every block I research is either 2 3/8" wide or 2 1/2" wide. Will these work? I thought I read that the block should be 2" wide.

Measure it, and let us know. The ubolts hang down so are easy to access from the bottom Measure the distance between to see if 2-3/8 will fit.

Will do. You've caught me being very lazy and trying to do all my mods from my desk at work. Sometimes, one just has to get under the car! Hahahhaha! I will measure and post my results.