71 B110 Sedan Help me tow?

Check second page..

Stumbled on this 1974 260Z 2+2, seller is asking 1K.  Its auto, doesn't run.  Said last time he was driving it 16 years ago it started to backfire and studder.  Been parked since.  Original owner.  153K has smog Hitachi SUs or the soup cans.  NO rust as it has been in dry storage.  By sounds of it interior is in great condition.

EDIT

Came across this 71 B110 Sedan for sale.  Haven't been able to look at it since its a few hours away from me.  Owner says its pretty rust free (desert car)  A12 doesn't run, needs coil, distributor cap, and spark wires.  No front seats, door cards.  Body looks straight but is hard to tell with paint job.  Think its worth the drive to look at it?

00404_4bvUZH2ZBfz_600x450.jpg

00o0o_S2uuEcT1Ud_600x450.jpg

00w0w_69wdY8EjNsp_600x450.jpg

00z0z_7irG7hc2jFb_600x450.jpg

00d0d_8iCqNaEDhYe_600x450.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you have some kind of unnatural attraction to 2+2's I would pass. For 3k you can get a running 2 seater s30. Thats assuming (big assumption) 2k is going to get that car up to par. 

Unless you have some kind of unnatural attraction to 2+2's I would pass. For 3k you can get a running 2 seater s30. Thats assuming (big assumption) 2k is going to get that car up to par. 

No I don't.  Can you just take the seats out in the back or is the body/frame made different for the 2+2s?  Haven't looked at it yet but just seemed like a good starting point.  This is why I asked for more information as I a new to the Z cars.

Ya there is an added length and weight to the 2+2. Thats fine if thats what you want really but if your not looking for a 2+2 I was advise waiting. Good deals come up on 2+0's just be patient. 

Alright.  What are some things to look for, like what are some things that are hard to find for these that you would want on or with the car?

try to get one as close to complete as possible, mine needed quite a few things to put it where i want it and about 2k later its just about all iv hoped id ever have. (keep in mind, i started with a running driving car with no body, paint, or rust repair needed)

i have learned the hard way though, that small, seemingly easy to find parts are often very expensive. bumpers specifically are much more expensive than i would have expected, plus you need all the hardware and brackets to go along with them. most z car parts are about 2 hundo each if youre looking at new parts, (eg: coilovers, bumpers, louvers, air dam, flares, seats, carpet, carbs, steering wheel, cheap tires). just take a mental note of everything that would bug you when you drive the car, and try to come up with a guess as to how much it'll take to get it where you'd like PREVIOUS to buying the car. Iwaited until after i had already traded my daily haha

main thing to look out for issue wise is rust, check floor pans, rocker panels, tail gate area, and battery tray. also a in the spare compartment, but thats an easy fix.

• Like 1

Some good point above.  The thing that hurts me and make prices go up a lot more than where you guys are from is CALIFORNIA.  I have to get a pre-smog, well want, and everything pre smog here is twice the amount.  Its pretty hard to score a good deal on cars, they go FAST.  

I will keep a lookout for a better deal but after looking a little more into this it seems it has been on CL before, a month ago.  

I honestly wouldnt complain about prices living in Cali man. The whole west coast is datsun promise land. Come on out to the rust belt and see the rusty bullshit you get for top dollar lol.

I honestly wouldnt complain about prices living in Cali man. The whole west coast is datsun promise land. Come on out to the rust belt and see the rusty bullshit you get for top dollar lol.

I can only imagine!  This place would be a gold mine for you guys since over '75 and they are cheap as F***

as posted above the more complete the better 

less rust is better 

I sell alot of Z parts 

bumpers,early 240 tail lights, front blinkers, round top SU carbs ,good rubber parts IE bumper rubber , rubber corners on 280 style bumpers, nice hood and fenders 

these are just off the top of my head  some of the more difficult parts to find 

I say - put the time and money into your 620 ... you'll be much happier in the long run!

I already have... Now looking for something else to tinker on!

Would almost be worth it for a rust free one. You guys would never forgive me for what I did to it though.

WHAT!?