510 front brake calipers

I have been searching high and low for either a pair of reman calipers or a re boot kit for my 71 510 4 door. There is almost nothing available at all that I can find.

I ordered some from parts america.com and they only had 1 and I got it today and it is absolutely WRONG! Its a 4 piston with 2 inlet ports. Not anywhere similar to the stock ones.

So yeah. Somebody enlighten me as to where to get some without having to break the bank.

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They look like that until they call you the next morning at 7am pst and tell you they are unavailable and you can send them yours to be rebuilt with an 80 percent chance of success. So yeah,I tried them.

Oh.....crap! :mad: Hmmm, I have another idea, but I gotta call someone on it, so won't know til tomorrow or Saturday.

Used ones would do fine if they are in great shape. The ones off my 71 are ok and could be redone if I could get a seal kit and the ones from a set of lowered struts I got from datdoug are horribly shot. Brakes are usually cheap enough to get new or reman stuff but not for this car.

have you checked partsamerica.com? They list a ton of remans.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?PartType=5003&PTSet=A&SearchFor=Caliper

enter your zip, year and model. Should list a bunch of options, check em out.

also if you order em use this code:

ONLINESAVE15

saves you 15% on your purchase! :D

Did you notice this from the original post?

I ordered some from parts america.com and they only had 1 and I got it today and it is absolutely WRONG! Its a 4 piston with 2 inlet ports. Not anywhere similar to the stock ones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.