SU Rebuild kit question

Hooligan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't answer your question other than to say ZTherapy shows different part numbers for their "Master TuneUp Kit" for the 1600 and 510 SSS. What the difference is between the two kits, I have no idea.

The ZTherapy kit is priced at $180 with a $50 credit for send back your old nozzles. The kit Hooligan linked to may not include new nozzles. No idea how important new nozzles are. ZTherapy kit also includes their "Just SUs" DVD which tells you about everything you need to know on these carbs.

I just spent a half hour looking for my DVD which I haven't watched in a couple of years (actually it has been missing that long). Now that I've found it I want to watch it before it goes missing again. I remember it being very informative, although there may be SU rebuild clips on YouTube that tell you enough to get through a rebuild.

Has anyone done business with this Sirius Consolidated Inc? A friend hauled home a rather sad looking 1600 roadster last week and is in need of a carb kit. He probably won't spend the money for the ZTherapy kit.

Len

You have a few options for the bushings.

Get a local machine shop to press in new brass bushings....just make sure the throttle shafts are in spec

Ship Sus to Ztherapy.....

DATSUN 1600
Reman Carb Body w/shafts (pair)  ZT RollerShafts
$325.00 + core

Or ship to Zeddsaver in B.C.......50 bucks a pop for the bushings installed.
I believe I paid $280...which included brass bushings, 1 new throttle shaft, some cadmium plated linkage for the carbs and return shipping.

Datsun 1200 GX used a matched pair of 38mm sidedrafts, referred to as front and rear carburetors. These are similar to S.U. brand carburetors.

16455-H2310 GASKET SET

Datsun Fairlady (Roadster) 1600 SPL311, 2000 SR311, S30 R, 1600 L20, 2000cc 1965-
For carburetor No. 16010-14603, 25601, 16010-E32001

• 4 weeks later...