(New member) My 84 720 King Cab

catwees

P13-01-12_1548_zpsbfe26833.jpg

P13-01-12_1547_zps0ea69f29.jpg

Hi my name is Josh this is my New Zealand spec 720  it has a l18 with 5speed floor shift. ive had it for some years now its been off the road for about a year. i plan on getting stuck into it again and getting her back up to "race spec" so far i have:

-Got the motor running right witch was a real mess.

-swapped the old points dizzy for a modified sentra electronic one.

-chucked in a radiator from a Toyota with electric fan.

-replaced all the bushes in the suspension with poly ones

-made the flat deck the the original one was Swiss cheese

-patched the odd bit of rust

- new front guards and bonnet

-full over haul of the brakes

And a whole bunch of outer small things. I will post some more pics soon of what shes looking like at the moment and hopefully some progress updates. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep thats one of the name they go by also more pictures.

IMAG0628_zps71f707af.jpg

The radiator from a 91 ish Camry the hose line up like it was made to live there

IMAG0631_zpsd8ab9d09.jpg

How the chopped sentra dizzy fits

IMAG0629_zps1ddac32c.jpg

Standard lseries on left and standard sentra E16 i think in right. from memory all you have to do to make it fit is cut down the mount tab on it and file it up and drill and tap a hole in the base for the adjustment plate. Going to chop this one as well for my 610 so will post how to when i get around to it.

d1a39581-b33a-44e8-9ee3-8f8b857d3137_zps

And 60a internal regulator alternator also from sentra all you have to do with that is swap pulley and wiring.

IMAG0630_zpsfaada679.jpg

Im sure I've seen them with power steer be odd if they don't. I can find out of the guys at work has one I could have a look at.

I think it is odd that the left hand drive 720 is the only one that had power steering, Australia did not get power steering in their 720s either, at least that is what I have been told by a few Aussies.

Have a look at your friends D21, take your camera please.  :)

This is what my LHD power steering gear looks like, what really counts though is how it bolts onto the frame, I will look at the D21 in this area and see if the idler arms are the same as the 720, if they are, it likely would work.

The fact is that I am looking to purchase a RHD power steering gear with the pressure hose that goes to the power steering pump that will fit a 720 frame.

I can make a LHD one work, but it's always nice to have everything just bolt on, it's so much easier that way.

DSCN0717.jpg