1964 Datsun Sports 1500

Go all the way down so you can see the variations between the 62, and 63. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20120804213305/http://www.earlydatsun.com/datsunsp31062.html

Sweet ride by the way. I have 3 failadys 1600, 2 70s, and 1 67 lol, yet only 1 runs, and drives. Also go to 311s.org, there you will find tons of information about this sweet little cars. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool link,thanks. I have completely been infected by the Datsun bug. I've been working on or learning about this 1500 every second I can. It was my father in laws, I found some old documents that shows he bought it on Jan. 1st Of 1964. it has the dual carbs and 1500 emblem on the back so it had to have been built sometime between June and December of 1963. I'd guess more like between June and Oct...

• 2 weeks later...

Is this some kind of adapter holding the carb on the intake manifold?

Do you see the giant hole below your quoted post in the photo?

IMAG1529.jpg

Maybe that hole is a mount bolt hole???

Got the carbs off, the hole is a mount hole. Here are some pics of the spacer.there were no gaskets!from what I'm reading there should be gaskets between the manifold and carb spacer/insulator block.I assume its stock but not positive

IMAG1698.jpg

IMAG1697.jpg

Got the carbs off, the hole is a mount hole. Here are some pics of the spacer.there were no gaskets!from what I'm reading there should be gaskets between the manifold and carb spacer/insulator block.I assume its stock but not positive

IMAG1698.jpg

IMAG1697.jpg

It looks like that hole is not an issue then, as long as there are no vacuum leaks, and the carbs are serviceable, you should not have any issues.

• 9 months later...

This thread has sat idle for nearly a year but the datsun has not :) I overhauled the G engine and cleaned up the engine bay.

Overall she is now in reliable mechanical condition. Ive been driving the car as often as weather permits and loving every bit of it. next will be cleaning up the rest of the car and trying to salvage the paint job! Looking forward taking the car to some local events at some point...until then here are some pics.

IMAG2229.jpg

IMAG2225.jpg

IMAG2226.jpg

IMAG2232.jpg

IMAG2234.jpg