Trouble finding a Front Bumper, help?

I've tried ordering a new front bumper for my truck in the past and all local shops were the same. They ordered the wrong center piece and wrong corner pieces. Although it looks correct they don't line up as "flush" as the one on my truck. Then when I tell them its wrong because the corner pieces don't even fit the center piece they tell me I'm wrong. Really?

I've been thinking about ordering the 3 piece set from Autosdepo on eBay but afraid of the same mistake. Has anyone ordered this same 3 piece set and knows it fits?

Thanks, Jeremy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

620 bumpers were essentuially the same for every model year and market, so other than fit and finish quality of aftermarket bumpers they all "fit" exactly the same.  Only difference was the inclusion/exclusion of rubber pushers. 

720s, OTOH, changed almost every other year and could differ by options as well, particularly the latter 2 years.  And there were differences between the US and World market bumpers.  The problem is the aftermarket "replacememt" bumpers seem to all be based off the same "core" that apparently no one actually has.  The catalog all list different years, but none seem to ever fit.  It's been wrong so long, the master catalogs aren't right anymore.

Well this sucks, I guess I'll just keep looking and hopefully find a nice original one.

I have an '86 720 but when I order parts I sometimes have to tell them its an '85 because they end up ordering Hardbody D21 parts if I tell them its an '86.

I just wanted to see if anyone ordered that 3 peice bumper set from Autosdepo. There telling me it'll fit but I'm still skeptical.