Droppin' Dimes

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so I went to frsport today because there's one by my house and picked up some s13 extended studs

they're circuit sport 60mm studs, they also have 50mm for a little bit more but thought id get 60s incase I need a slip on spacer

kc75.jpg

after work I measured the knurls and got

s13: .506in

280zx: .502in

I hear some people run these

Dorman #610-403 which is M12-1.25 / Knurl Dia. 12.90mm / Length 45.5mm / Shoulder Length 15mm

I wanted a little longer and seeing that the stock 280zx are 32mm, 45mm wouldn't make me happy with even a 10mm spacer, I like plenty of threads on my lug nuts

think we all know how to do math but,

12.90 dived by 25.4 = .507in

not that anyone cares, but if they work good ill reply, for $18 for 8 studs and about 20mins work, ill be happy

• Like 1

so I couldn't wait, too anxious haha, so I just had to do two tonight

rhzv.jpg

w7rk.jpg

q88t.jpg

im happy, very snug fit, bottomed out all the way, and ill have plenty threads for my lugs to feel safe.

I put it in dry  :w00t:   haha, most people like greasing it up, just a personal preference, my thought more friction, tighter fit

and never had a problem doing customer cars.

• Like 2

Good to know... Might need these soon ;)

no problem, I don't know if any has done it before, but did some simple math and thought I might as well try it, maybe help us out

and seeing as theyre readily available studs, and at $2 a pop not a bad deal 

a lot of people use them on drift cars with no problems so they hold up well, and were not that hard on our cars haha

I would like to drive it first before recommending it to anyone, but by the nice tight fit I don't see any problems.

they have a store by my house so its nice

but heres a link for you or anyone

http://www.frsport.com/60mm-Extended-Wheel-Stud-S13-S14-240SX_p_7797.html?gclid=COSzud2dhLsCFcY1Qgodow8AZg

and s13 used 13mm knurls for front and rear

s14 used 14mm up front and 13mm in the rear

just a heads up 

I used the s13 13mm obviously

spotted today

k9t2.png

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated in a while but will tomorrow, starting to strip the shameful rattle can job previous owner did.

Front end back together and on the ground. starting to work on interior while I save up for brake lines

Previous owner really did a good job of f****** this car up

Yes photos tomorrow

• Like 1

Just dropping in to let you know; I'm reading your updates even if you don't see me respond. Any thoughts on what seats your looking for?

Any ideas? Leaning towards some brides but undecided yet. I wanted to go for the whole stock look restore but the car being a bare shell hard to find everything I need.

In the mean time probably gonna go gutted race car style while trying to piece everything together.

Any ideas? Leaning towards some brides but undecided yet. I wanted to go for the whole stock look restore but the car being a bare shell hard to find everything I need.

In the mean time probably gonna go gutted race car style while trying to piece everything together.

A friend of mine had a pair Corbeau GTS II seats with less than 100 miles of use on them for $500.... At the time I passed on them, but now that's the set I want.  They are comfortable, look pretty good in the 510, they slide and recline, and they're about half the cost of most Bride seats.....

GTSII-20301-SR-L.jpg

Ive always liked the style of those, kind of plain and simple. my next priority on the list is the brake lines though so I can start putting my motor in. once that's done there will be no hesitation to get seats so I can start driving it. if hes still selling them pm me so we could talk.

Ive pieced almost every exterior piece so far except front turn signals, side markers, and windshield wipers. so if anyone has or knows anyone with any of those or ANY interior pieces pm me.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had problems uploading pictures? Every time I paste the link it freezes.

Not much of an update but got the whole rear end apart

Picked up some maxima calipers today at the junkyard, going to order the brackets soon

Going to pick up a trans x member from the blackmarkit guy on here

Looking for an r180 at the moment

Put my dash in to see how it looks

Still no brake lines :( but once that's done I can drop in the motor

Ill try post pictures as soon as I can

I have 280 front brakes but the guy I get all my suspension parts, brackets etc makes brackets for 300zx front brakes so that might be happening in the near future :)

Started off wanting to do the minimum to get it running, but then slowly turned into wanting to go all out from the start.

Went from having absolutely no interior,exterior pieces to now I've almost aquired everything, last thing on my last I can think of for now is front turn signals and stock dash.

how bay looks as of now

9pm1.jpg

front panels are clean, the rears are really beat up. Im going to go to home depot and get MDF board and do the rear panels and rear speaker deck.

r8xx.jpg

test fit the dash i bought, hopefully i get a stock dash at the eagle rock swapmeet. this is just temporary until i find a stock dash. and i wouldnt use the diamond cut plate for the gauges i have a blank plain one.

3b2b.jpg

4bri.jpg

Instead of MDF, you could go to and Auto Upholstery shop, or order from National Fabric, either some real door board, or the plastic door board.  Or, make your own carbon fiber pieces:  http://thefabforums.com/main/index.php?PHPSESSID=5rp07t6u87npojtl3a9dttgen7&topic=82.0

Just a suggestion....

Instead of MDF, you could go to and Auto Upholstery shop, or order from National Fabric, either some real door board, or the plastic door board.  Or, make your own carbon fiber pieces:  http://thefabforums.com/main/index.php?PHPSESSID=5rp07t6u87npojtl3a9dttgen7&topic=82.0

Just a suggestion....

I will definitely look into that thanks for the info. Have an upholstery guy that gets work done at our shop maybe talk to him

Do you know the name of that shift knob?..........

I think nismo black ball? Just type in nismo shift knob on Google and it'll probably bring it up
  • 3 weeks later...

not much of an update but rear is almost complete just need to put it all back together. hopefully this weekend.

once I do that my suspension and brakes will be done finally.

just got rotors and pads for the rear, and some kybs.

painted my swingarms, diff, springs, etc.

bought carpet for the trunk and speaker deck.

I only bought the carpet for the speaker deck so I can use it as a template and take it my upholstery guy.

will be ordering the techno toy trans crossmember next week.

cant wait to get the car back on the ground and start dropping in the motor.

once its up and running ill focus on interior then lastly body work and paint.