Carb base

Jan_280Z

Hey mates

So heres a bit of an update. I did a motor swap on my brother's 620 pickup truck a few weeks ago - three to be exact. Everything went well but we couldn't get it running. After much debate it was discovered that there's a huge vacuum leak at the base of the carb - its a webber the gaskets are all bad apparently.. On that note, does anyone know where one can get the carb base for a weber 32/36? I found THIS on ebay, but would like to make sure it is what I need. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck do mechanics know?? that you don't???  Take a look yourself, you own a Datsun, do this stuff yourself and keep it on the road or you're at the mercy of a mechanic. Sheet of sand paper on a glass coffee table... rub the adapter back and forth till level, the gasket will do the rest.

DatzenMike is right. The glass and sandpaper thing would work great if it is warped. Or have a machinist take a pass or 2 over it on the mill. It would be quick and shouldn't cost much.

There are a few youtube vids of a guy who resurfaces his cylinder head using the glass table thing.