521 w/ longer wheelbase, ex-camper?

Leprechaun311

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That does not look like a standard frame to me,Why are you asking you want to buy it and if so what is your intentions with the longer wheel base.

Wayno you need to look at this truck,its got your name on it.lol

It might be a 521 frame, but I suspect it has been extended, about two and a half feet if I were to guess, and that is longer than the 521 longbed version in other countries, and even longer than my 2 foot extension.

The 521 came as a mobile home in an aftermarket version, they cut the frame and welded in this channel piece, then boxed it in, it was basically the least they could do weld job, and I believe that if that frame modification is used as a flatbed that is actually used to haul real weight, you will end up with a bent frame eventually.

I pulled a 720 mobile frame modification apart once to see how they did it, I could hardly believe my eyes, and I believe that the only reason they did not twist and bend was because the mobile home itself held it together.

Here is what a longbed 521 frame looks like.

2pp0zma.jpg

And this is what a longbed 521 looks like.

DSCN0064.jpg

It looks like the photo below has disappeared, I am hoping it comes back as it was the only side view of this rig he had, and it's not in his thread anymore either.

DSC_1764.jpg

There is to much space between the bed mounts on this 521 frame compared to the real longbed 521 in the photo above.

00P0P_fB8U8lRdHpc_600x450.jpg

I don't need another project right now Mr Big, it's all yours.

• Like 1