240z fuse box melting

decoy12

Hey everyone, I had the parking light fuse melt on my 240z. I am aware that it is a common problem and I even consulted this thread (http://community.ratsun.net/topic/43389-240z-issues/) and spoke to Antony (very cool guy!).

I picked up a "new" fuse box on ebay and I cleaned it up using the vinegar bath, as well as scraping the paint off the contacts. The seller probably thought it would look better if he painted it :confused:

5qo4.jpg

mv2i.jpg

j09p.png

lztp.png

xi6i.png

Now I understand after reading through that thread that corrosion in the box can lead to this heat build up, however today when I pulled my old fuse box, it actually looks cleaner than the one I bought to replace it.

utap.png

hrzn.png

hvj9.png

536u.png

My question now is, could it be something else beside the box causing this issue? Unfortunately I don't have knowledge in electrical and so I'd appreciate any input (go easy on me). The last thing I would want is to cause a fire :unsure:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best improvement for the 240z lighting and fuse block situation.

MSA fuse block

Dave Irwin's headlight harness relay upgrade and parking light relay harness. 

You might want to take the clamshell off the steering column and check out the wiring to the combo switch. Chances are there will be some melted insulation there as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input guy, I will check out under the clam shell and see what is going on in there. I will have to save up for the fuse box, since I just saw they sell for $200!

I actually picked up the parking light relay before we moved, but now I just need to find it.