Think I'm running on 3 cyls?

MyJalopyB210

Hey I have a stock 78 B210 and im idleing very low almost to stalling and when I apply the gas pedal from a stop its takes a second to start going......I unplugged the spark plug from the cylinder next to the fire wall im assuming 4th and no change so I was thinking spark plug but that's fine and it's getting a lot of spark any ideas....? I was thinking its a vacuum leak or maybe a intake manifold leak , I haven't done a compression test yet but was just wondering if anyone had the same problem..... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are the valave adjustable on those. Im not a A motor expert but if no compression it will not fire. just be a waisted spark. crqacked Valve

Is it over heating or anything else weird?

If I go to 3 cylinders I ck my valave lash pads and of specs if the spark plug or wire dont fix it.

Most time the Lash pad falls out or the valve seat sinks over time thus not closing the valve all the way. Crackek valave or valve seat/piston.?

are the valave adjustable on those. Im not a A motor expert but if no compression it will not fire. just be a waisted spark. crqacked Valve

Is it over heating or anything else weird?

If I go to 3 cylinders I ck my valave lash pads and of specs if the spark plug or wire dont fix it.

Most time the Lash pad falls out or the valve seat sinks over time thus not closing the valve all the way. Crackek valave or valve seat/piston.?

A series valves are adjustable just like an L only 10x easier.

So you have proof the plug is firing, just not making a difference. Adjust your valves, check compression. If bad compression throw 10ish CC oil in there and try again. It can raise a few lbs, but a lot means bad rings. Could be a dead/burned valve.  If you do the oil trick and it doesn't raise then its most likely a valve/warped head.

You could just adjust the valves way out on just that cylinder and run around on 3 cylinders like a geo, fuck the poleece yo

A series are pushrod just like a chevy bit solid lifter and adjustable. Take valve cover off and crank motor until the #4 cylinder valves are closed and rocker arms not pushing down on the valve springs. Loosen thew adjuster nut and turn until there is a slight clearance between the valve and the other end of the rocker arm. Around 0.012" or so will get you going.

Try swapping the spark plug with the #1 cylinder... does this change anything?