ka24de transmission and engine mount measurement's .? help ?

Does any one seem to know the measurements or the process of fabricating some ka24de transmission mounts ? Sorta like the McKinley ones but I'm trying to save Me the 200$+ dollars it cost to buy them . If anyone could help out with the measurements thanks . I've read threads on it but it just tells you basic general info. I would like to know the best way to do this that would not be so much cost effective. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No two builds or installs are exactly the same. There are variances and possible structural 'damages' that may make a bought part (or someone else's measurements) not fit that well. I would install the transmission in place and support with a jack. Now test fit your cross member and take a few measurements. Would 180 ing the cross member move the mounts closer? Would drilling new holes and adding support help? Do you have a welder?

Personally I can't speak highly enough of the experimental engineering universal 510 trans mount. They are $90 shipped and honestly I have all the tools to build the same mount and still buy the E.E. mount. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bolt-In-5-Speed-Transmission-Crossmember-for-Datsun-510-/171098653011?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d6464153